Fukishima Update August 25 2011

Nightmare at Fukishima Continues

“The Japanese government has not come to terms with the severity of the contamination within Japan, and therefore has not developed a coherent plan mitigate the accident and remediate the environment and  without a cohesive plan to deal with this ongoing problem of large scale radioactive contamination, the radioactivity will continue to spread throughout Japan and around the globe further exacerbating the problem,” says Arnie Gunderson, Chief Engineer at Fairwinds Associates.

In a new revelation, the NRC claims that the plutonium found more than 1 mile offsite actually came from inside the nuclear reactors.  If true, such a failure of the containment system certainly necessitates a complete review of all US reactor containment design and industry assurances that containment will hold in radioactivity in the event of a nuclear accident.  However, the evidence Fairewinds reviewed to date continues to support its April analysis that the detonation in the Unit 3 Spent Fuel pool  was the cause of plutonium found off site.

Mr Gunderson said that the burning of radioactive materials (building materials, trees, lawn grass, rice straw) by the Japanese government will cause radioactive Cesium to spread even further into areas within Japan that have been previously clean, and across the Pacific Ocean to North America.

See the VIMEO video by Fairwinds Associates

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s